XXVII INT. CHESS OPEN
of LA POBLA DE LILLET
· The Tournament will be played according to Swiss System from August 1-9, 2017. It will consist of 9 rounds according to the following schedule :
1st. to 8th rounds 16, 30 hours.
9th round 10,00 hours.
It will take place on the premises of "Saló La Flor" at 11, Ripoll's Road
2. The time control will be 90 minutes to finish with 30 seconds/ cumulative increment for each move starting from first move. Clocks will be started punctually and any player not presented after one hour since the beginning of the match, will not scored.
3. There will be 2 groups of players divided into:
Group A: Valid to FIDE, FEDA and FCE ratings. Only for players with valid FIDE license.
Group B: Open to the players with valid FIDE license maximum 1949 or maximum Catalan ELO 2049
4. Two successive defaults of a player or any without justification will cause his elimination from the tournament. The organisers are authorized to eliminate a player absent for the first round. Byes will be considered as 0 points
5. An Appeals Committee will be chosen by the own players. It will consist by three players, and two substitutes in case of any dispute involving a member of the entitled come up; the Tournament Director and the Arbiter. All complaints have to be made in writing to the arbiter within 1/2 hour after the end of the session during which the dispute took place. The decision of the Committee in all matters is final
6. Mobile phones or other electronic devices are strictly forbidden when games are in progress. They must be switched off. If a player's mobile phone rings in the playing venue, the player can lose the game.
7. Pairings will be made according to Swiss manager program, and it will be displayed in the tournament hall. The pairings for the first round will be notified at 12, 30 h. am of August, 1.
8. TheRegistration should be filled and the fee paid to the Organisers before the commencement of the first round or at least before it is over. A player who doesn't comply with this requirement is liable to lose his entry.
9. Tie-breaks for determining the final ranking order will be resolved according to the following options:
- Total Buchholz adjust FIDE: sum of the scores of each of the opponents (*)
- Median Buchholz adjust FIDE: sum of the scores reduced by the highest and lowest number of points (*)
- Recursive performance
(*) In this way, not played games will be considered as not played against a virtual player.
The order of these options will be decided by means of a draw decided immediately before to finish the last round between the first play-off systems. Recursive performance will be used without draw and exclusively as last system when there was equality between players with play-off first two systems mentionated.
10. List of PRIZES: ( Total amount of 5870 € )
( Group A )
1st 1170 € + Trophy
2nd 875 € + Trophy
3rd 675 € + Trophy
4th 550 €
5th 450 €
6th 375 €
7th 300 €
8th 250 €
9th 200 €
10th 100 €
PRIZES FOR SECTIONS
1st ELO 2250 to 2400 100€
2nd. 50 €
1st. ELO 2100 to 2249 90 €
2nd. 40 €
1st ELO under 2100 75 €
2nd 35 €
1st. Woman classified Trophy
1st. Best Veteran +60 years Trophy
1st. Youth -16 years Trophy
( Group B )
1st 125 €+Trophy
2nd 95 €+Trophy
3rd 70 €+Trophy
4th 60 €
5th 40 €
PRIZES FOR SECTIONS
1st. Elo 1650 to 1799 60 €
2nd. 30 €
1st Elo until 1649 40 €
2nd 25 €
1st woman classified Trophy
1st best Veteran + 60 years Trophy
1st Youth under 10, 12, 14 and 16 years Trophy
- Cash prizes will not be accumulative or divisible. Trophies - In case a player has right to more than one trophy, he will receive all of them.
NOTE: All the cash Prizes will be paid deducing legal taxes.
The closing ceremony will take place on August, 9 at 17:00 pm and will be mandatory attendance of all players who must collect award ( he must be provided by DNI, NIE or Passport ).
11. The Tournament will be conducted according this Rules, General Chess Rules and for the present FIDE Laws especially.
12. The Tournament is valid for the calculation of FIDE, FEDA and Catalan ELO ratings, as well as for obtaining GM, IM and Catalan Norms in their respective groups.
13. The Organization has the right to modify any point of these rules.
14. The participation in the Tournament implies the total knowledge and acceptance of the same ones.
Players among 16 and 59 years Group A 35 € Group B 30 €
Players under 16 years 25 € 20 €
Above 60 years players 25 € 20 €
Costs are free for GM's, IM's, players with equal or higher 2300 FIDE Elo.
Organizing Comitee: Direct Board of Lillet Chess Club
Tournament Director: Joan Barnola Espelt
Chief Arbiter: IA Enio Bello (Cuba)
Web : http://ajedreznd.com/2017/pobla.html
Blog : http://ajedrezando.blogspot.com.es/
Catalan Grand Prix: http://escacs.cat/index.php/en/introduction
La Pobla de Lillet, June, 1. 2017